Looking for social media content ideas? Here are FIVE of our favorites!
- Use #Hashtags – Hashtags are used on social media platforms to organize information. For example, the hashtag #gooutside will show all kinds of posts related to nature and outdoor activities. See what your competitors are doing and try to find unique hashtags that you can use to make your posts stand out.
- Post photos of your staff – Original photos are awarded more visibility on Facebook’s algorithm than text posts and reposts of links. Posting photos of your staff on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn is a great way to engage your audience and give them a sense of familiarity. If you want to include a link to your website or a special offering do so in the comment section for better results.
- Event pages – If your business is a brick and mortar there are tremendous advertising opportunities with Facebook events. Make an event page at least a week in advance including a detailed description of what to expect and photos of your establishment. Encourage your staff to invite their friends and connections on social media and share the event so that more people will find out about it.
- Answer questions – Answering common questions about your industry gives you the opportunity to educate the public about what you do best. For example, if you are a lawyer specializing in family law you can answer common questions about legal proceedings and what forms are needed in certain situations. Look for any opportunity to educate a potential customer about the nature of your services and let them know that your business is qualified to handle the job.
- Host a contest – Nothing gets people going like free stuff and many companies use this idea to build brand awareness or hype a new product. The basics of a social media giveaway are 1. The prize, 2. The rules, and 3. A timeframe. For example: “We are giving away two months of social media management to one lucky winner who follows us on Instagram, reposts this photo and uses the hashtag #customdesignpartners. Winner will be selected in 2 weeks. Thank you for participating!”
These just five out of many effective social media strategies in our playbook. Contact us for a free consultation to discuss the online marketing opportunities for your business.